For this assignment, you will write a reflective essay (~500 words) on one of the topics listed below. You must format your essay in standard MLA style.
• A specific personal experience that had a significant impact on your life.
The personal experience is my time in the military (Army) as a young black male from the housing projects in Atlanta from 99 to 07, the significant impact can be generic.
• Format your essay in MLA style.
• Organize your essay into distinct introduction, body, and conclusion paragraphs.
• Provide a clear thesis at the end of your introduction that indicates the impact that this experience or event has had on your life.
• Use first person pronouns (I, me, we, us).
• Use plenty of vivid, sensory details to bring the event or experience to life for your readers.
• Use transitions to help your readers follow along with your story.
• Provide an introduction that sets the stage and grabs your readers’ interest as well as a conclusion that emphasizes the personal effects of the event or experience and/or the lessons you learned from it.
• Failure to write about one of the assigned topics will result in a grade of zero on the assignment.