You are the DBA for Acme Corporation. You’re asked to implement a new database server using Microsoft SQL Server. In any implementation, security needs to be a theme woven throughout the project, not an afterthought. Design an implementation that allows you to implement policies. The design should also include a role-based security structure. The business requirements for the database are as follows:
- No user should have delete access to any object.
- Human Resources needs to be able to fully manage employee data.
- Customer Service needs to be able to make changes to existing customers and view order data.
- Customer account managers need to be able to fully manage customer data and orders.
- Sales needs to be able to view customer data and fully manage orders.
- Marketing needs to able to pull quarterly sales numbers to analyze.
Follow these steps to produce a solution:
- Install SQL Server using the Windows Integrated security mode.
- Use a Window user for the service accounts.
- Demote built-in\administrators to security and create a DBA windows group for system administrators.
- Set up password policies based on best practices.
- Use a minimum of eight characters
- Use complex passwords
- Set account lock-out for after three tries
- Keep five passwords in history
- Expire passwords after 30 days
- Set up the roles listed in Tables 4-10 through 4-14.
Table 4-10 Human_Resources
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Table 4-11 Customer_Service
Table 4-12 Account_Managers
Table 4-13 Sales
Table 4-14 Marketing