In order to do its job, a Rhetorical Analysis must:
• Give your opinion about the choices the author made in writing the text NOT about the topic of the text.(Ethos ,Pathos ,Logos)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
• Give sufficient background on the primary text’s message so that readers can follow the analysis of the text (summarize main points).
• Use 2 direct quotations and paraphrases per paragraph from the primary text to illustrate and support your claims about the text’s rhetoric.
Instructions: Write a 2-3 page analysis about the article: “The Role of the Corporation in Supporting Local Development” (Sourcework, pp. 167-169).
Step 1: Analyze the article for rhetorical appeals (ethos, logos, pathos).
• Ethos: Appeals to the character and expertise of the writer or speaker
• Logos: Appeals based on logic, reasoning, and evidence concerning the subject
• Pathos: Appeals to the beliefs and values of the audience
Step 2: In your essay, demonstrate how the author utilizes the three elements of the rhetorical appeals. Use the following outline to help write your paper.
Introduction (3-6 sentences)
• Include the author, title, year, and topic in the first sentence.
• Include a one to two sentence summary.
• Include a thesis statement that gives an overview of the body paragraph(s).
Body (3-5 paragraphs)
• Develop body paragraphs to follow the structure of your thesis statement.
• Include examples, paraphrases, and quotations from the text.
• Do not forget topic sentences and transition words.
Conclusion (2-3 sentences)
• Restate your thesis and main points. Add an ending comment (See Sourcework, pp. 104-105).
Comments from Support Team: