Read the following uploaded case study; then, complete the questions below based on what you read:
- Instructional Accommodations and Co-Teaching: A Broken Arm
- List what you learned about each of the characters in the case. What do you think is motivating the thoughts and actions of each of the characters?
- What are the issues and problems in the case? Discuss the common problems and issues faced in co-teaching.
What steps are required to establish successful co-teaching relationships?
- When is it appropriate to make instructional accommodations? Modifications? Discuss techniques for modifying instructional methods and materials. What instructional accommodations and modifications in spelling did Mary make for Jim? Were they effective? Why or why not?
- Discuss the importance and benefits of communication and collaboration that promote interaction with students, parents, and school and community personnel.