Equity in care is an essential feature of quality healthcare. Implicit and explicit bias can be found in healthcare providers and patients. Unknowingly, these biases can impact patient-clinician interactions, potentially affect outcomes of care, and support systemic structural inadequacies. This assignment will give you an opportunity to explore implicit bias on a personal and healthcare system level. (10 points)
1. View videos
1. UCLA video series on implicit bias (7 videos with total of 29 minutes) https://equity.ucla.edu/know/implicit-bias/
2. “Respect Ability” (3 minutes) – https://www.respectability.org/inclusive-philanthropy/
2. Review the text and view first three videos (6 minutes total) “Six Interventions to Tackle Unconscious or Implicit Bias” National Center for Cultural Competence (NCCC) https://nccc.georgetown.edu/bias/module-4/2.php
3. After reading all the materials and viewing the videos, click on the link in the NCCC site and take the Implicit Association Test (IAT) – https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/.
After completing all of the readings, video viewing, and the IAT, write a 2-3-page (bullet points optional) summary that answers the following questions:
1. What is the difference between explicit and implicit bias?
2. What did you learn from taking the IAT? Were you surprised by the results? Will you think about how to change certain behaviors?
3. How do you think that awareness of the existence of explicit and implicit bias might impact you as a health care manager or supervisor?
4. How do you think the awareness of implicit/explicit bias could impact patient-clinician interactions and patient outcomes?
5. What has been your biggest takeaway from this activity?
@ 1362 orders completed
Tutor has posted answer for $60.00. See answer’s preview
BUY THIS ANSWER or BUY CUSTOM ANSWER
Q: critically analyse the protection of human rights by The EU
Q: Lab Topic 2: pH and Buffers (10 points possible) 1. Briefly explain what makes a solution acidic or basic. (2 points) 2. What range is the pH scale (in whole numbers) and how does the scale re
Q: Revise the attached document. Your document includes the necessary information, and headings make the content appear organized. Think about this document, though, as something you would post near t
Q: Instructions At this point in the course, you should have created an e-portfolio in Blackboard and uploaded the revised versions of your previous assignments. In this final assignment, you will create
Q: What is the theory of critical sensitive periods of learning in regards to learning about special needs 150 words..no book included
Q: Provide a 1 page single space response to the attached article addressing the following: Identify components of the strategic planning process such as the SWOT/ SWOC, environmental scan and a strategi
Q: On Jan 1, 2010, Morgan Company acquires 300,000 of Nicklaus, Inc, 9% bonds at 278,384. the interest is payable each December 31, and the bonds mature…
HAVE A SIMILAR QUESTION?
Type your question here to get help now!
CONTINUE TO POST
Continue to edit or attach image(s).
If 75.0 mL of silver nitrate solution reacts wi…
1 minute ago
Write 7 pages thesis on the topic the thought o…
35 minutes ago
Create a 5 pages page paper that discusses the…
35 minutes ago
Provide a 14 pages analysis while answering the…
37 minutes ago
Hi, I am looking for someone to write an articl…