Evaluate your workplace and identify a group that has “power” in the organization. Analyze why the group is considered powerful.
- What are the elements that contribute to the group’s power base?
- Is there a perception among employees in your organization that a disparity of power exists between the “powerful group” and other work groups?
- How can managers minimize the possibility of negative reactions or conflict between groups if the perception of power disparity exists?
- Chapter 7: Group Influence, Power, Conformity, and Compliance
- Chapter 8: Group Decision Making and Performance