I would like to apply for a PhD program in Leadership & Human Resource Development, College of Human Sciences & Education. The admission office asked me for a personal statement, and this document of 1,000 words or less provides the admissions committee with information allowing them to become more acquainted with me and my interests. The statement should address the following questions
1. What do you want to study in our Ph.D. program? We see leadership and human resource development as logically connected and mutually supportive areas of study and practice. Both fields have their origins in the social sciences (psychology, sociology), the humanities (ethics, philosophy), and professional and applied fields (organization development, education). Both are multidisciplinary academic fields and both are developmental insofar as they seek to create positive change in people, organizations, and communities. Within this broad sphere of research, theory, and practice where do your interests lie? Why does this make you a good match for our program?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2. What are your research interests? Our Ph.D. program offers a research-oriented degree in which the completion of a research-based dissertation is the capstone achievement. Describing your research interests will help our faculty gauge areas of overlap between your interests and theirs. Therefore, please provide a statement of your potential research interests. In doing so, try to situate your research interests within the larger fields of leadership and human resource development, articulate one or more broad questions you are interested in answering, and describe why the question or questions are important.
Also, There are some information from my C,V you may need:
(I have full scholarship from my work to study my PhD to be assistant professor at King Faisal University)
– Florida International University. Miami, FL
MBA—Master of International Business Jan 2015 – May 2016
GPA: 3.64 out of 4.00
Masters Seminar Management, International Business Environment, Global Financial Strategies, Managing Global Production and Technology, International Marketing, International Business Law, International Business Policy, Accounting for Managers, Real Estate Markets, and Master’s Project in International Business.
– University of Tampa. Tampa, FL
Bachelors of Science in International Business and Management Jan 2011 – May 2014
GPA: 2.90 out of 4.00
Business Law and Social Responsibility, Art & Science of Negotiation, Human Resource Management, Global Organizational Behavior, International Business, Principles of Marketing, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Practical Strategic Assessment, Financial Management, Principles of Microeconomics and Managerial Statistics.
– Abqaiq Community College
Lecturer at King Faisal University
Abqaiq, K.S.A Feb 2017 – Present
Principles of Management Human Resource Management Human Resources Planning Organizational behavior
– RHM & Sons Company Jan 2004 – Jan 2008
Section Manager and Human Resources Supervisor. Abqaiq, K.S.A
- Managed the company’s VIP section/ Project Control Department by reviewing and supervising the progress reports of over 3,000 employees with the help of a VIP team.
- Handled Human Resource issues of more than 3,000 employees.
- Planned and coordinated Aramco group projects in Shybah, Abqaiq, Qatif, and Khursaniyah to expand
the company’s international connections.
Saudi Aramco Company. Dhahran, K.S.A
Summer B Training. Jul 2016 – Aug 2016
- Personnel department in External Assignment HR Services – Personnel Advisor.
Arabic: Native language.English: Fluent.
- Strong work ethic with success in both teamwork and individual projects.
- Negotiation and persuasion.
- Problem solving.
- Team Leadership.
- Perseverance and motivation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Microsoft office (Word / PowerPoint / Excel).
- Public Speaking.
- Customer Services.
- Member of the Teaching Excellence Award in University of Tampa
- Second Harvest’ of Tampa Bay
- Member of the Student Counseling Club in University of South Florida
- Student Ambassador in University of South Florida
- Attendee at 2016 International Academic Business Conference – Orlando, FL.
- Attendee at 2016 International Education Conference – Orlando, FL
- Member of the Academy Organization
- Member of the Saudis in USA Organization