As the population continues to age, more and more older adults will require therapy for various mental health issues. While the group setting offers many benefits and makes therapy more accessible to those in need of services, this therapeutic approach may not be effective for all clients. For this Discussion, as you examine your own practicum experiences with older adults in group therapy settings, consider strategies to improve the effectiveness of your sessions.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Analyze group therapy sessions with older adults
· Recommend strategies for improving the effectiveness of group therapy sessions for older adults
· Review this week’s Learning Resources, and consider the insights provided on group therapy with older adults.
· Reflect on your practicum experiences with older adults in group therapy settings.
· Post a description of a group therapy session with older adults,
· including the stage of the group,
· any resistances or issues that were present,
· and therapeutic techniques used by the facilitator.
· Explain any challenges that may occur when working with this group.
Support your recommendations with evidence-based literature